Webinars are the convenient, quick, cost-effective choice for education, and CBSA is proud to offer this learning opportunity.
Present a CBSA Webinar
If you have knowledge of an interesting topic and want to present your expertise please contact Carly Rodgers or call +913.396.0697 to schedule a date today.
Replay CBSA Webinars
The Many Uses of Copper Alloys, sponsored by ABC Metals, Inc.
February 2014, presented by Jim Michel, technical services manager, Copper Development Association
Expanding on what was covered in his first two webinars, Introduction to Copper and Copper Alloys and Mill Processing of Copper Alloys, Jim Michel will focus this presentation on the many uses of copper alloys in today’s modern life, including:
1. A review of markets that copper alloys are used in:
- Building Construction
- Electrical & Electronic
- Industrial Machinery & Equipment
- Consumer & General Products
- Transportation Equipment
2. The many forming processes used to produce the final shapes of copper alloys:
3. A visual tour of many applications of copper alloys:
- Lead Frames
- Door Hardware
- Heat Exchangers
Whether you are new to the business or are a veteran who may want a refresher, the Many Uses of Copper Alloys presentation will offer educational value for everyone.
2014 Global Copper Market Outlook, sponsored by ABC Metals, Inc.
November 2013, presented by Barbara O’Donovan, interim managing editor, American Metal Market
This annual webinar presentation will provide insights into the major trends and parameters that govern international copper prices and propose pricing scenarios for 2014.
The presentation will detail the following:
- Growth trends in China and China’s interaction with and influence on the global market
- H2 2013 has seen demand indicators firm across the world and apparent demand has picked up, preventing metal inventories from growing and prices from falling. But can this dynamic continue into next year?
- A global mine supply surge is underway. There is a concentrate market surplus but how quickly will smelters transfer that into the refined market?
- Commodity investors exited the market in droves this year. The exodus is over but QE tapering has not even started yet. How will their positioning and reduced liquidity affect market prices?
- Copper is heading into surplus. Surplus markets like aluminum and zinc have seen excess metal locked in financing/rent deals with the resulting reduction in availability driving premiums higher. Is copper destined to follow the same model? What will the changing warehouse rules mean for copper?
- Base case and high/low case scenarios for 2014
September 2013, presented by Jim Michel, technical services manager, Copper Development Association
This webinar will cover a general overview of flat rolled mill processing of copper alloy mill products such as plate, sheet and strip and will include a review of the steps in processing product from casting, hot rolling, cold rolling, annealing, finishing to packaging.
The webinar will also discuss general information about two major alloys in this area:
1. C11000 copper
2. C26000 brass
These two alloys are each the most common alloys in their particular copper series and are used for a wide variety of downline products.
May 2013, presented by Jim Michel, technical services manager, Copper Development Association
Understand your industry as a whole. This overview presentation will cover process, product and application for copper and copper alloys, specifically:
- Copper Properties
- Alloy Families
- Typical Uses of Select Alloys