Webinars are the convenient, quick, cost-effective choice for education, and CBSA is proud to offer this learning opportunity.
Present a CBSA Webinar
If you have knowledge of an interesting topic and want to present your expertise please contact Carly Rodgers or call +913.396.0697 to schedule a date today.
Register for this Upcoming e-Training Webinar
Reduce Risk in the Workplace Using GHS Classifications and Chemical Data, presented by Scott Williams
Scott Williams will present an e-training webinar on Friday, August 8, based on the convention presentation he gave in Las Vegas, NV, at the 63rd Annual CBSA Convention.
The Globally Harmonized System (GHS) brought about major changes to the way chemicals are classified. This webinar will review a few best practices in chemical management and how to leverage your GHS data and additional chemical information to get a better understanding of the hazards in the workplace. We will discuss how you can use this information to mitigate risk and improve safety and compliance programs across the workplace.
Following this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Identify important chemical data from products, materials and production processes to make critical safety decisions.
- Define methods for reducing risk.
- Develop a step-by-step approach to reducing your hazard footprint
- Leverage your GHS data and chemical information to get a better understanding of hazards in the workplace.
Register today to attend this important e-training webinar on Friday, August 8 at 10:00 a.m. CDT.
Know someone who would benefit from hearing this presentation? Forward this message to coworkers and encourage them to attend.
Replay CBSA Webinars
Know More! Selling
June 2014, presented by Sam Richter
The Many Uses of Copper Alloys, sponsored by ABC Metals, Inc.
February 2014, presented by Jim Michel, technical services manager, Copper Development Association
Expanding on what was covered in his first two webinars, Introduction to Copper and Copper Alloys and Mill Processing of Copper Alloys, Jim Michel will focus this presentation on the many uses of copper alloys in today’s modern life, including:
1. A review of markets that copper alloys are used in:
- Building Construction
- Electrical & Electronic
- Industrial Machinery & Equipment
- Consumer & General Products
- Transportation Equipment
2. The many forming processes used to produce the final shapes of copper alloys:
3. A visual tour of many applications of copper alloys:
- Lead Frames
- Door Hardware
- Heat Exchangers
Whether you are new to the business or are a veteran who may want a refresher, the Many Uses of Copper Alloys presentation will offer educational value for everyone.